Helpful Hints For The Phlegmatic In Your Life
(Download a printable version of
Phlegmatic Hints and Suggestions .)
Special Things That Significant Others Can Do For The Phlegmatic
- Do not force a Phlegmatic person to socialize. People drain their
- Share in their decisions and be willing to accept part of the
responsibility for the consequences.
- Show them they are loved and appreciated by using only a moderate
amount of physical attention and doing special things for them.
- Do not force Phlegmatics to take on full responsibility for someone
- Understand their limited energy reserves and do not push them beyond
- Find special ways to keep them involved in deep personal
- Be the aggressor in deep relationships.
- Do not become angry and hostile because of their unwillingness to
- Recognize that their wry, cutting sense of humor is only a defense
mechanism to protect themselves and their low energy levels.
What the Phlegmatic Can Do To Help Themselves
- Find employment where they can undertake tedious tasks without being
required to interact with people for long periods of time.
- Maintain a proper balance of diet, exercise, work, and relaxation to
insure proper energy balance.
- Learn to show deep, tender feelings in ways that are comfortable and
others can understand.
- Be inspired to do something about the injustice they see.
- Be inspired to stay involved in life.
- Be inspired to stay involved with the deep relationships in their
- Set activity guidelines to keep from sleeping their lives away.
- Control their critical attitude about others.
- Be more willing to make sacrifices for others.
- Learn to be more flexible and less stubborn.
Behavior Changes To Bring A Phlegmatic Closer To God
- Learn to interact with God and Christ as they would any other
- Learn to inspire themselves to do something about the injustices
- Learn that submission to God unlocks potential.
- Learn to inspire themselves to be more open and loving with the
- Learn to make decisions according to the Will of God and look to Him
to defend them.
- Learn to submit to the Will of God in order to lessen stubbornness.
- Learn that only through expending energy and becoming deeply
involved with personal relationships can they reach maturity.
Phlegmatics have a tendency to deal with their personal relationships
with Christ in the same way they do any other deep relationship, being
spectators and not getting too deeply involved.
- Learn to see the rights and feelings of others according to the Word
of God. Phlegmatics will unthinkingly make humorous remarks about the
rights and feeling of others.
- Learn to depend on the opinions of God, not the opinions of people.