The Sanguine Temperament Suggestion Idea List
(Download Printable Suggestions
For The Sanguine Here)
Special Things That Significant Others Can Do For The Sanguine
- Tell them every day that they are loved, needed, and appreciated.
- Recognize their need to socialize and provide them ample opportunity
to do so.
- Never reject them.
- Provide them with large amounts of physical expression of affection.
Touching is very important.
- Give them recognition for all achievements and services rendered,
perhaps by pampering them occasionally.
- Do not condemn them for being self-indulgent, providing they are not
entering into an area of sinning against God.
- Do not interfere with them when they have taken on areas of
responsibility, and render assistance only when asked.
What The Sanguine Can Do To Help Themselves
- Learn to recognize anger as anger, and deal with it constructively
and in ways pleasing to God.
- Find life situations where they can interact with people frequently,
especially in regard to employment.
- Find life situations, such as a child’s choir director, where their
needs for love and affection can be supplemented.
- When forced into life situations where they are away from people,
they can lessen their anxiety by talking on the telephone, watching
television shows about people, or reading books about people.
- Listen to the radio or television while undertaking tasks. This will
cause them to have a feeling of interacting with people, reducing their
anxiety and increasing their efficiency.
- Learn to anticipate the end results of their words and actions. This
will help lessen their impulsiveness and emotional outbursts.
- Learn not to adopt bad behavior and immorality to gain attention
from significant others in their lives. They will be jealous of the time
significant others in their life spend with other people.
- Receive numerous expressions of physical affection, such as
hand-holding hugging, kissing etc.
- Learn to interact with God and Christ as they would in any other
surface relationship in order to lessen anxiety when they are forced to
be away from people.
- Go to Christ to receive the love and affection that is not provided
through human means. This will reduce their penchant for sexual sins.
Behavior Changes To Bring A Sanguine Closer To God
- Learn to predict the end results of words and actions according to
the ordinances of God.
- Learn to deal with anger constructively and in ways pleasing to God.
- Learn to become secure in the love of Christ to raise
self-perception and to lessen their fear of rejection from man.
- Learn ways to be self-indulgent that bring pleasure and are pleasing
- Learn to make their behavior pleasing to God and learn how to be
accepted for good behavior. They will adopt the morality and behavior of
the crowd to assure acceptance.
- Learn to interact with God as they would any other surface
relationship to lessen anxiety. They will suffer anxiety when they are
forced to be away from people often for long periods of time.