Suggestions To Help The Supine In Your Life
(Download a list printable version
of the ideas for a Supine)
Special Things Significant Others Can Do For The Supine
- Tell them every day in words and actions that they are loved,
needed, and appreciated.
- Try to understand their needs to socialize and provide them with
the emotional support to do so. Supines are not initiators; therefore,
significant others need to initiate socialization.
- Work very diligently to raise their self-image by reinforcing the
positive and downplaying the negative.
- Help them make decisions, take on responsibilities, and share
responsibility for the decisions they do make.
- Do not force Supines to act independently very often or for long
periods of time.
- Never force Supines to be the disciplinarian of the family.
- Encourage them to give their input and state their preferences.
- Encourage them to be more assertive in sharing the things that make
- Accept their dependency without dominating them.
- Give Supines recognition for the service they perform.
What A Supine Can Do For Themselves
- Try to develop a deep, personal friendship with someone (preferably
the Lord) with whom they can share decisions and responsibilities.
- Find employment or an environment where they can undertake tasks
while interacting with people.
- Try to discover life situations where they are not forced to take
on too much responsibility or perform as leaders but rather function in
- Learn to recognize their anger as anger and to deal with
- Learn how to be more assertive and to confront when confrontation
becomes necessary. Supines need to voice their needs and desires.
- Provide themselves with situations where they can supplement their
needs for love and affection by seeking more friends, social
interaction, and a deeper relationship with the Lord.
- In order to diminish their anxiety and stress, learn to initiate
telephone calls and
- read books or watch television program about people.
Behavior Changes To Bring A Supine Temperament Closer To God
- Learn to deal with anger constructively and in ways pleasing to
- Raise their self-perception by learning to see themselves as a
wonderful, loved creation of God. This will make the fear of rejection
from man less intense.
- Learn to lessen anxiety by interacting with God and Christ as they
would any other surface relationship.
- Learn that God is always with them and will take care of them in
order to lessen their fear.
- Learn that manipulation through emotional blackmail supersedes the
will of God.
- Accept love and affection from God and Christ to supplement what
they do not receive from human means. This will help prevent sexual
- Learn to seek direction in making decisions from God and Christ.
- strengthen their will power.